It is a great joy and honor to connect with people’s humanity and encourage the healing and strength necessary to live life in a new way. Ask me about your struggles and let’s find out if I can be of help to you.
Credentials and Experience:
- EMDR Certified, 2016.
- EMDR Trained Clinician, 2013.
- Volunteer Graduate Student Supervisor at Capital Area Counseling, 2012-2013.
- Board-Approved LPC Supervisor for LPC Interns, 2011.
- Private Practice in Austin, started in 2010.
- Individual, Couple and Family Counselor at Jewish Family Service in San Antonio, 2006-2010. High-demand outpatient counseling agency for the entire San Antonio community. Diverse client population in gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and background. Large portion of work was helping victims of crime through a federal grant. Honored with “Intern of the Year” award in 2007 and “Going Beyond the Call of Duty” award in 2009.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Texas #62041 (Full name on license is Reta Kathleen Elrod Cardwell)
- Individual and Group Counselor at a Domestic Violence Transitional Shelter, 2002-2004.
- Master’s of Science in Counseling, California State University Northridge, 2004.
- Bachelor’s in Psychology, University of North Texas, 2002.