It is a great joy and honor to connect with people’s humanity and encourage the healing and strength necessary to live life in a new way. Ask me about your struggles and let’s find out if I can be of help to you.
Credentials and Experience:
- Interpersonal neurobiology training with Jules Taylor Shore of IPNB of Austin, 2019-present.
- Coherence therapy and memory reconsolidation training with Bruce Ecker and Jules Taylor Shore, 2020
- EMDR Certified, 2016.
- EMDR Trained Clinician, 2013.
- Volunteer Graduate Student Supervisor at Capital Area Counseling, 2012-2013.
- Board-Approved LPC Supervisor for LPC Interns, 2011.
- Private Practice in Austin, started in 2010.
- Individual, Couple and Family Counselor at Jewish Family Service in San Antonio, 2006-2010. Diverse client population in gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and background. Large portion of work was helping victims of crime through a federal grant. Honored with “Intern of the Year” award in 2007 and “Going Beyond the Call of Duty” award in 2009.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Texas #62041, completed 2008 (Full name on license is Reta Kathleen Elrod Cardwell)
- Individual and Group Counselor at a Domestic Violence Transitional Shelter, 2002-2004.
- Master’s of Science in Counseling, California State University Northridge, 2004.
- Bachelor’s in Psychology, University of North Texas, 2002.