- Austin Local Crisis 512-472-HELP (512-472-4357)
- National Suicide 1-800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433)
- National Suicide 1-800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)
- National Cutting 1-800-DONTCUT (800-366-8288)
- Austin Domestic Violence, Safe Place 512-267-SAFE (512-267-7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233)
- Texas Child Protective Services or call 800-252-5400
- Austin Group Psychotherapy Society – A great site where you can search for an assortment of support and process groups throughout Austin.
- Self Help and Advocacy Center – Free support groups available for many different issues.
- DBSA – The depression and bipolar support alliance offers free support groups.
- Yoga and Talk – Integrates yoga and psychotherapy groups.
- Austin AA Meetings or call 512-444-0071
- Austin Narcotics Anonymous 512-480-0004
- Austin Alanon Meetings or call 512-441-8591
- Recovery International – cognitive-behavioral based free support groups for addiction.
- Sober Austin
- Life Ring Austin
Outpatient Psychiatrists, Inpatient Services, and Intensive Outpatient Programs:
- Connections IOP
- Austin Lakes
- Seton Behavioral Health Care
- Austin Travis County Integral Care
- Lone Star Circle of Care
- Dr. Priscilla Sierk
- Dr. Virginia Garay
Reduced Fee Counseling:
- Capital Area Counseling
- Waterloo Counseling expertise in gender, sexual and cultural diversity
- UT Counseling and Mental Health Center for UT students
- SIMS Foundation for musicians and their families
- Capital Area United Way or call 211.
Referral to community resources for health care, finances, employment, counseling, housing, transportation, etc.
- Our Mission Impossible – Another thorough list of local resources.
- Travis County Resources Page
- Texas State Board of Professional Counselors
License verification and information.
- EMDR Institute
- EMDR International Association
- Psychology Today
General counseling information and Find-a-Therapist directory.
- Quick Reference to Psychotropic Medications
A great “cheat sheet” for understanding more about the various medications you may be prescribed by your doctor.
- Guided Meditations
Collection of guided meditations by Tara Brach available for listening to guide your relaxation practice.
This list of resources is included as a courtesy. I am not responsible for the information provided by these links, and I do not guarantee the outcome of visiting the websites listed on this page.